Here’s my TOP TEN ideas for “making America great”… I borrowed this list from my favorite book. Read’em and see if you can figure out where these great ideas came from:
1. Love and serve the One True God - make him #1 priority in life
2. Don’t worship anything other than God
3. Don’t misuse God’s name. Honor Him – Don’t call him by other names and don’t say stupid stuff like “amen and awomen” – that’s very disrespectful… “Amen” is actually a Hebrew word that affirms the God if Israel and His Holy name.
4. God gave us seven days in a week. Use one to rest and spend special time with God (a great way to do this is to meet with other people who love God and learn more about Him, worship Him corporately, and encourage each other to stay close to Him)
5. Honor mom and dad – I know “honor” is a word we’ve forgotten. It means to treat them with respect and dignity and look after them... the opposite of that would be to ignore them, speak badly about them, and a lot of folks these days even blame all their own problems on their parents - that's definitely not what this means.
6. Don’t murder another human being – that includes the babies in the womb, children at every stage, adults, and old folks. I know you may have heard that people aren't people till they are born - that's just not true... the Bible (oops, I just gave away my source) says so.
7. Don’t have sex with anyone other than your husband (if you are a woman) or your wife (if you are a man) – In case you are wondering which is which, it works like this: If you have a penis you are a man and if you have a vagina you are a woman (kinda’ neat and simple how God made that ain’t it). Oh, and by the way, lookin' at someone who isn't your husband or wife and imagining having sex with them... Jesus said that's just as bad. So keep your eyes on your own paper there sparky.
8. Don’t steal – If you didn’t earn it or if it wasn’t a gift to you from a willing participant. It ain’t yours – leave it alone.
9. Don’t lie about anyone or misrepresent what they say or do. That includes politicians and people who call themselves things like “journalist.” (that would be people who’s job it is to find out what is happening in the world that might be of interest and provide an honest and unbiased account to the public) Yes, that is a real thing! By the way, saying something - even if it's true - out of context... that's kinda the same thing, isn't it.
10. Don’t covet – that means be satisfied. Don’t always be wanting more stuff, particularly other people’s stuff (try just being happy for them if they have something nice). Be thankful for what you have and take care of it. Be generous with it and share with others.
Aren't those great ideas? Man, every one makes so much sense. I just know, if we start doing this, we’ll have a great county and won’t have to worry about riots, who won what election, who we’re supposed to hate or who we’re supposed to support, out of control national debts (or personal debt)… Heck, that stuff’ll just go away. Really – it will. I think it’s a great idea. How about you?
Oh, and here’s some bonus material… This is REALLY GOOD STUFF... listen to this one: Love each other. Wow, that one is almost right up there with loving God. C'mon folks, let's do our part.